Wednesday 9 October 2013

Operation Bakewell- Part 2/Scarf inspiration

As promised here I am again for the second night in a row, see I keep my promises! This evening I thought I would show you some pictures of the art I came out with off the back of Op Bakewell. As you may have guessed from some of my previous entries lace and doilies (and candy skulls!) are styles that I really love and try to incorporate with most of my designs and are simply styles that give me inspiration!
The technique below is something I started playing around with at London College of Fashion and while painting my doilies for the special day, I happened to create something quite unique by accident. But you know what they say accidents can be the best work! 


So above you can see that I painted a lot of doilies using this paper to catch any mess, in doing so I created this lovely colourful doily like paintwork. This style has now made me think more a long the lines of how do I incorporate this style of pattern on to fabric? I will let you know how it all pans out when I finally do take the plunge!




This is the same picture but with a cute filter on, because you know I'm hip like that! Below is a direct stencil from painting over a doily, such a cool effect right? this one is especially clear and has such a vivd lace pattern.



Lastly, another little pic of my creations that I forgot to put up yesterday!



Before I go I thought I would tell you about my amazon purchases, if you've followed this blog you will know that I have been playing around with different ideas of how to print. I don't have a lot of space at home to start silk screening (how ever much I would love to!) so I have been thinking about lots of different ways to make this work. Last night after my little blog entry I suddenly thought why am I making this more complicated than it needs to be, enter Amazon.co.uk and me ready to spend some money on a method that doesn't need a lot of space and isn't rocket science to create something detailed.

So why not make a stamp of what I want to print to fabric? After reading a few blogs and also some books I found that this is quite an effective method. So I present to you my two purchases of last night, I decided on the book as well, because you know if you're going to do something properly?!?






When it arrives and I get stamping I will let you know how it works out because I'm conscious at the moment I'm doing a lot of talking and not a whole lot of starting my textile empire.
Over and out folks, until tomorrow for my third instalment of Operation Bakewell
Lots of love,
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment