Thursday 24 September 2015

Here in the forest. Dark and Deep. I offer you eternal sleep.

The Season of words is upon us and with this season our first task is to find a book to record this alright season in.  From this if we so choose we can alter it to suit whatever style for this season- I am going off slightly and doing my own thing with the season of words and theming it around the dead and all things spooky. 
When the lovely Julia  (check out her blog here: http://julestea.blogspot.co.uk) came to stay we went book hunting and stumbled across an amazing second hand book shop in Chiswick which we were in our element looking at old books. I managed to find an amazing looking on called 'Newes from the Dead' which had a skull on the spine. You may have guessed I'm all about the skulls, so Julia came up with the awesome idea to keep my book in with the dead thing- and because I'm a bit dark I thought it was an amazing idea. 



I have decided I don't want to alter my book in anyway, as I go and start doing things with the pages I'm will be painting and gluing all sorts to them, but the way the book actually looked I didn't want to change as it's perfect for what I want this season.

In line with my promise to make more of an effort with my blog and the way I post things, I've had a go at trying to stage some photos. As you can see a far cry from what you get from most people, but I decided I wanted a filter on these pictures to make them look a bit old and creepy, so you can expect that all the way through this season.





I'm really excited about this season and can't wait to see what I come up with as well as my fellow Get Messians!

Remember if you want to get in on the action you can go join up at :Get Messy, it's super fun and everyone is so supportive!

I'm off to go pin things to do with death ( I'm a peach I know!)

LaurenPearl 

1 comment :